Monday, February 6, 2012

Grace

"Miracle" by Shane & Shane (on "The One You Need" CD)  

Every week I hear a story of a miracle 
And if I'm honest I'm tired of seeing none at all 
I don't need to see a dead man come alive 
All I want is You to fill me up inside 

I need You Lord
Even more than the air I breathe 
I need You Lord
Right away 
I need You Lord
Every minute of every day 
I need You Lord
Right away 

Today I'm asking for a miracle
Anything you got God big or small 
I don't need to see the cancer go away 
All that I want is to know that it will be okay 

Chorus

I need You
I need You

II Corinthians 12:8-10 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfection weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Paul was WAY more than I have ever claimed, or ever will claim to be. But his words ring true, as do the words of Christ - "MY grace is sufficient..." So when I came across the song above while I was listening to music today, it resounded in my heart like never before, despite it not being that new to me. And He gave it to me right when I needed it. The path reports finally came back. The details are rather, well, detailed, so I'll sum it up with this. 3 out of 27 lymph nodes have microscopic traces in them. ONLY 3!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I will need some preventative treatment. I will not lose my hair. I WILL get through this & live many, many years. I will be made weak. HE will be made strong. I will say this again - I am not strong. My Savior is. And I am holding onto my Savior like I never have before. I am experiencing a taste of what praying without ceasing looks like. While that may not have been the answer I wanted, I can honestly say that yesterday's song "Jesus Never Let Me Down" is still true. Did he let me down with not perfectly clean results? No. Just like He's known about this all along, He knew what that report would be. And He will guide me through it. He will NEVER leave me. He will NEVER let me down. He will give me the grace & strength every step of the way, down to the very second. So I'm "not anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself." (Mat. 6:25-4).

I continue to thank you for all of your prayer and your support. Those that have sent flowers: my room is like a garden! It is a testimony not only to the beauty of God's creation, but also to the love of His children as they support a sister. The cards are displayed & are heartfelt. The meals have been a real blessing to my family.. I am jealous of all the wonderful food they have been eating! The emails have been read & saved - I'm sorry if I am unable to write you back personally just yet. All comments are saved & everything will be put together in a book of God's blessing to share with my girls YEARS down the road! Amen! You have spoke into my life & will speak into the lives of my daughters as they grow. Thank you.

And I ask for your continued prayers as I walk this road. Right now, pray my tummy continues to work well - slowly, but surely! Pray I get rest - nights can be tough even without any issues. Simply giving me medicine or checking on me, wakes me up. And my mom. She has been staying with me, so pray for rest for her as well. Pray for continued strength & progress so I can go HOME! Pray I show God's love to this wonderful group of nurses that have been so kind & loving to me. Thank you & love you all! ~Jen

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you are in our prayers! Your faith continues to be such an encouragement and challenge to me through all of this. Praise God that most of your lymph nodes came back clean. And we will keep praying about the other 3. I love you!

    ReplyDelete