Friday, February 3, 2012

Bad Night...

I am clinging to "pain may last for the night but joy comes in the morning" Psalm 30:5b It was a very rough night with no sleep & lots of pain.  My body is "waking up" in small chunks & it's tough.  I'm now on dilaudid for pain due to organs emerging from their slumber. (good stuff & much less dizzy than morpine).  So I am asking for a prayer boost to get through the day.  Praise: the organs are waking up & working!  So it's painful, but a good thing.  "Joy comes in the morning!". I could use that.  I could really use that.  But even though I don't feel much joy right now, I still blast my worship mix in the room & hold to the promises of Christ in those songs -  He always gives me the exact thing I need to hear when I need to hear it.   Thank you for the prayers.  Keep 'em coming!

"Stay Strong" by the Newsboys 

You're in the moment now 
A bitter root, a wandering eye and then 
The ties that bind start wearing thin, thin 
You're in the moment now 
When all you've been blessed with is not enough 
Here's where the ground gets loose 
Here's where the devils call your bluff 

Stay strong, you are not lost 
Come on and fix your eyes ahead 
There's a new dawn to light our day, our day 
You've gotta stay strong, you and I run
For the prize that lies ahead 
We've come too far to lose our way, our way 

We've seen the tragic flaws 
The tortured souls, the saints with feet of clay 
Here's where sin becomes cliche' 
We've come through wilderness and watched 
The cloud by day, the burning sky into dawn 
Have you forgotten who you are? 
Did you forget whose trip you're on? 

Chorus

Get up, there's further to go 
Get up, there's more to be done 
Get up, this witness is sure 
Get up, this race can be won 
This race can be won 

We've gotta stay strong, you are not lost 
Come on and fix your eyes ahead 
Our Father's dawn will light our day, our day 
Come on and stay strong, His grip is sure 
And His patience still endures 
There'll be no letting go today, no way 
Come on, and stay strong, you and I run
For the prize that lies ahead 
We've come too far to lose our way, our way 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I'm so sorry you had a rough night! I'm sending some prayers your way.
    "But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.". Therefore I will boast of all the more about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's same, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
    2 Corinthians12:9

    Unjoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    How uplifting and inspiring your posts are! You have been blessed with tremendous and steadfast faith--a true gift! As I lift you up in prayer, I find, through your posts that I too am being blessed by this gift that you share. I will continue to pray for you, your family and your doctors and nurses. Hang in there, and hopefully you can draw some comfort in knowing that God has already used your circumstance to bring His comfort others. I confess that I copy/pasted the Bible versus from your earlier posts to send them :-) Thank you!
    xoxo
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,

    Have been praying for your strength and healing. Praising our God with you for the signs of hope He is graciously giving you, and for your steadfast spirit. May you feel the tender arms of Jesus that ARE wrapped around you.

    Much love,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete