Monday, January 30, 2012

Surgery Set

We're a go.  My surgeon just called this morning.  I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow, Tuesday, at 1:30pm.  For those of you praying, would you mind praying a bit early?  I'm rather anxious about it all & I think the time frame from 12:00, when I arrive at the hospital, until I go back will be the most difficult for me. 

Specific Requests:
  1. Peace.  Not to be anxious.  That Philippians 4:4-9, 19 will be resounding in my ears, my head & my heart. 
  2. No complications with medication.  I'm a lightweight & don't do meds much.  The strongest thing I've ever taken has been Tylenol, Motrin or an antibiotic.  I had both of my babies w/o anything, so the meds themselves are a new, uncharted territory for me.
  3. Wisdom for Dr. Arthur Woodward & the nurses, anesthesiologist, etc.
  4. My girls.  I think their spirit senses something isn't right.  Pray Kayla has a joyful day at preschool, Leah brings smiles to the waiting room & both of them enjoy spending time with family.
  5. Jason.  He's going to read this & be mad at me (or maybe not.. I mean, he can't really be mad at me right now, right?)  But he is a very quiet person about things.  And he doesn't like to burden me.  Pray God brings him whatever he needs - peace, encouragement, strength.  This is not something the "average" 28 year old couple, married 5 1/2 years, faces together.  
  6. That God will be GLORIFIED in this.
Praises:
  1. Surgery was able to be scheduled quickly.  I originally scheduled an appointment with the surgeon my GI suggested - he couldn't "fit me in" to just talk until this coming Friday. Wow.  
  2. The Lord provided a new surgeon, Dr. Arthur Woodward, quickly.  And one that I believe he has sent me to & that knows Him.
  3. My family is awesome.  Y'all just are.  And friends, you're not so bad either =)  Thank you.
  4. There are people praying all over the country.  Wow.  How amazing is it to know that someone from NC has taken this to their church - no one that knows me there, but a group of believers praying for me.  
  5. God is still good.  He is still holy.  He is my victory.  He is all that I need.  He is my Abba.  I am a coheir with Christ!  (Galatians 4:4-7)
My song today - may it be yours too.

"Desert Song" by Hillsong United 
on the CD "Across the Earth: Tearing Down the Walls"

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides 
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


And this is my prayer in the battle

When triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


This is my prayer in the harvest

When favor and providence flow

I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

2 comments:

  1. Jen,

    I will be praying for you, the medical staff, and your entire family tomorrow. This song from Hillsong played not long before I read this blog post. I know God is going to be with you through everything tomorrow (or actually it's today). I have friends praying for you from an online moms group that I belong to. You will be prayed up and down, inside and out, all over the world, I'm sure!

    Blessings to you and MOPS love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are also being prayed for in Illinois and California! You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I know Gods is with you and your family today and everyday. He will guide the surgeon-how amazing is the way God worked in guiding you to this surgeon! He will bring you the peace you need for the surgery and the same for your family. God has given you such strength, you are an inspiration to us all. And always remember, He never gives us anything we can't handle!

    ReplyDelete