Sunday, January 29, 2012

Calendar, visitors & this thing called strength...

I just finished creating a Care Calendar.  If you would like to access it to sign up for a meal, you can log on at:

www.carecalendar.org  -  Calendar ID:  101330  -  Security Code:  1960

I put a dinner request on every day, starting Wednesday February 1.  This is so it gives anyone wanting to help through a meal the flexibility to pick a day that works best for them.  Please do not feel like the entire calendar needs to be filled.  I know my mom is planning on fixing a few things ahead of time.  And she is the contact on the calendar, so give her a ring or send her a text if you'll be bringing something by that day, or just have a question. 

I have also been asked by a few people about visiting me in the hospital.  Honestly, I don't have an answer for you.  I have no idea what I'll feel like, what I'll be like, anything.  So if you would like to visit, just shoot me a text message ahead of time.  If you don't hear back from me, assume that if I can't respond, I'm probably not up for visitors that day...

Thank you deeply, everyone that has been sending me emails, texts, or comments on here.  I have read each one & saved them.  And yes, I have thought about printing them on cool paper & creating a scrapbook of encouragement to look back at & one day share with my girls - so they can see God's people & His love through them. (meaningful & crafty!)  It is encouraging to read & I am blessed knowing so many people are praying.  

A lot of you have expressed that my strength is inspiring, how strong I am, etc... Let me be perfectly honest.  I am not strong.  I am an unbalanced, anxious, scared, emotional, hot mess.  Any strength you see is most certainly not mine.  The strength you have noticed is what I am being given by my God.  He is the only strength in the middle of this.  His Word (the Bible) is packed full of promises He gives us & reminders that He is all we need.  And I cling to each & every one.

Psalm 18:1-3  I love you, O Lord, my strength.  the Lord is my rock & my fortress & my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield & the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Exodus 15:2  The Lord is my strength & my song.

Nehemiah 18:10  Do not be grieved, the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength & my shield; in Him my <3 trusts & I am helped, my <3 exults & with my song I give thanks to Him

Psalm 46:1-3  God is our refuge & strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way; though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar & foam, tough the mountains tremble at this swelling.

I could keep going... There are so many places where God talks about Him being our strength.  I feel like I think I might have a tiny clue as to what Peter felt out on that water.  (Matthew 14:22-34)  Around him is complete chaos.  And in the instant that he freaks out about his surroundings & takes his eyes off Jesus, he sinks.  Was that his strength keeping him walking on those waves?  I'm gonna venture to say no, due to basic laws of physics... It was the strength given to him through Jesus.  And when he doubted, when he lost focus, when he thought about being out there all alone on his own strength, he sank.  It was Christ keeping him afloat.  And it was Christ who reached out his hand to pull him back up.  So I have times I am focused & walking, and times I'm splashing around aimlessly bc I lost my focus for just a moment.  (and times when that changes by the minute!)  But it is always Christ that keeps me afloat, lifts me up & gives me the strength to keep going.  I'm not gonna lie, I want Him to use His power to calm the storm around me like he has before - I like that miracle a bit more right now. (Matthew 8:23-27)  But I'm ok with knowing He's there for me in the middle of this mess.  Grace to trust. 

So one song has just be plastered on me today, so I sat down, wrote out the lyrics & then cross referenced them in the Bible.  How amazing is it to sit & listen & sing a song that is full of Gods promises!  Words taken straight from His Word!  If you ever get the chance to listen to any of the songs I write about on here, please do - I pray they bless you as they have blessed me.  And I pray they draw you into His Word to know that they are so much more than lyrics to music, but promises of our Heavenly Father!  And if I ever figure out how to put music on this blog, you bet I sure will!  Music is in my blood.  I feel blessed that the music I have chosen to listen to has impressed God's Word on my heart & in my head bc I need that so much right now...  So my song of the day (actually, it's one of my life theme songs right now) & my tool to help me focus on Christ:

Newsboys - "Your Love Never Fails"  (also from their new "God's Not Dead" worship CD)

Nothing can separate                                   Romans 8:37-39
Even if I run away
Your love never fails                                    Lamentations 3:22
I know I still make mistakes
You have new mercy for me everyday         Lamentations 3:23
Cause Your love never fails

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes                             Hebrews 13:8 
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning                       Psalm 30:56
And when the oceans rage
I don’t have to be afraid                              Psalm 46:1-3
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

The wind is strong and the water’s deep      Psalm 46:1-3
But I’m not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails
The chasm is far too wide                           Romans 8:37-39
I never thought I’d reach the other side
But Your love never fails

You make all things work together for my good  Romans 8:28
You make all things work together for my good

No comments:

Post a Comment